
My name is Hillary Lennox and when asked where I hail from, I usually cringe. In the short version, I was born in Cincinnati, OH, was raised in Elizabeth, IN and Brandon, FL, breezed through Marietta, GA and finished high school in Marietta, OH. I have never lived anywhere longer than 5 years.
I am currently 25 years old and have been living in Frederick, MD for the last 3.5 years. After completing a degree in Building Preservation, I landed a job in Maryland. I currently work for the National Park Service- Historic Preservation Training Center doing preservation work on historic structures throughout the National Park System.
This is my first semester at UMBC, where I am pursuing a degree in American Studies. My future is uncertain but I hope it includes wide open spaces, a small self-built home, an acre of books, and an impressive collection of personal anecdotes.
word count: 150
I've moved around a lot too. I've been in Maryland for almost eight years now and it seems so different. Other then that I haven't lived anywhere for over 3 years.
ReplyDeleteI find it very encouraging that this 100 level class isn't just full of your traditional college freshman entering UMBC. Everyone says that UMBC is an extremely diverse school and diversity isn't just about your religious or ethnic background. We have a lot of students entering UMBC who are non-traditional, older, with full time jobs and whatnot. I guess I wasn't expecting to see people like that in a 100 level AMST class though
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to build my own house. When I was little I pretended to build tree houses in Africa. My current dream is a tie between a small house on a mountain or in the Sonoran desert.
ReplyDelete