Frustrated one morning by our lack of class dialogue, my professor let loose on us one morning. “This is what happens at large state schools! You think you can just hide in the crowd all your life! Don’t you have something to say?” We just sat there because we did not have anything to say, or we did not know how to say it. Most of my classes were full of blank stares, and I had one too. While I realize that with schooling, you get out what you put in; my experience was scarred because I was not putting anything in.
word count: 102
In a small classroom in a small town in eastern Ohio, I found the best educational experience of my life. I was surrounded by a crowd with diverse backgrounds. With a somewhat unusual curriculum and an unattractive location, my fellow students were there in spite of their conventions, not because of them. We all came together in, what felt like, the pursuit of something special, something unique. Our class discussions were lively and lasted eons. Everyone contributed equally to show that education was more than listening to lectures and reiterating lessons from a book.
word count: 92
No comments:
Post a Comment